Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What a great day

As many of you probably already know... I know my husband knows.... I can be a pretty negative person sometimes. So, with that said, I wanted to make sure everyone knew how great of a day I had. Nothing special happened. Today was day 2 of 3 of my full days with the daycare this week. This isn't a regular thing, I'm usually only full 2 days a week, but I'm definately not complaining. Today, one of my regular Tuesday and Thursday girls, came with her older (5) sister for the day while Mom worked in Maricopa (a city about 40 miles south of Glendale). Anyway, the 5 year old attends Pre-K on Tuesdays and Thursdays while Allison is here. Today, Madison (the 5 year old) brought her homework along from Pre-K. She was so excited to work on it and she was so smart. When she was done working, she wanted to keep going. I made some worksheets for her and we worked together on them. She was so excited when she learned how to do soemthing new. I loved it! I guess I didn't realize how much I missed teaching. But then I thought about it and remembered... I still get to teach these wonderful, innocent kids that I work with everyday. I get to teach them before they end up hating learning and while it's still fun. I have the best job in the world.

Also, Allison and Madison's mom brought me an unopened complete set of Your Baby Can Read. She had a couple at her house and thought we might enjoy them. The kids loved it! Page was amazing. She was already interacting with it and amazing me with how much she could do. I am an advocate for the program now... after only one day. I can't wait for Steve to get home from work so Page can show off her new skills. I am so thankful for getting the opportunity to stay home and raise my beautiful daughter, and still get to do what I love... teach! Thanks to all of my friends and family for their continuous and amazing support and love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment