Sunday, June 20, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award



I was awarded the Beautiful Blogger Award from a great friend, Danielle Lutz from "The Lutz Family". She is a great friend who I met on a mom's website and we became awesome friends in AZ! She is a baseball wife and her husband is here in AZ for rehab. She recently moved back to MA to stay with her family for a while, but it looks like she may be coming back for a little while during her husband's continued rehab! She has the most adorable little boy, Ryder, who Page loves to play with! We can't wait to see her and Ryder again, whether it be soon or again this spring for Spring Training!!!


Apparently there are some rules that go with this award. I have to thank those who gave it to me, and I have to tell seven things that my blog readers may not know about me. So, here it goes!


1. I grew up in a VERY small town. When I was in elementary school, the town had a population of 900 people and my 8th grade graduation was 16 people! While it seems crazy, I loved it. Sometimes I secretly wish we still lived in Albers, or even Clinton County, so it was easier to make friends and have family around. I know it would drive me crazy as I am now a big city girl, but there were definitely some perks.


2. I love being creative, even though I don't think I'm very good at it. I love making calendars, photo books, and other photo gifts. I know it's not super creative, but I'm not the most creative person, so it helps me get the creative bug out!


3. I hate the mall. I love taking Page to play at the mall, but I do not enjoy shopping there. I'm not a huge shopper in general. If I can't buy it online (other than groceries and small items) I usually don't get it. I don't know when or why this phenomenon happened, but I know my husband loves it about me! :)


4. As much as I love Arizona and the weather, I can't wait to move back to the Midwest. It's become much worse since Page has been born and with another on the way. I miss having family and friends around. It's so hard to even plan an evening out here, because we barely know anyone (after 4 years) who we feel we can ask to babysit Page. We met a lot of friends when we first moved here, but they are all in different places in their lives, and don't understand the life of a parent.
5. I'm addicted to the Internet. I could easily spend all day on the Internet. You wouldn't know it by my blog, but I love the way I can just get lost in the Internet. I'm a secret stalker on Facebook. I love just looking at my friends' pages to see what's going on in their lives. Creepy, I know. :)
6. I loved Disneyland, maybe more than Page! I had been to Walt Disney World when I was a very little girl, age 6, but going as an adult and a parent was SO much fun. Page had a blast and so did I. I'm so glad that Page has followed in my footsteps and is in love with Ariel, the Little Mermaid. Ariel has always been my favorite, too. Page now requests that everyone calls her "Princess Page, the Mermaid". It's too stinking cute.
7. I love road trips with Steve. Ever since we met, we've always enjoyed going on road trips together. We did so on our honeymoon, many trips before and after we were married, and of course, our MANY trips back to IL and all over the country! Steve and I, together, have seen almost all of the 50 states. We still need to hit the East Coast and Hawaii and Alaska. Other than that, he and I have been to all of the other states together and I own a ceramic turtle from every state we've ever been to! I do love turtles, too!!!
Now, I would like to give this award to... my sister, Heather over at "What Makes Me SMILE"... maybe this will get her blogging again! She's like me, a busy mom who forgets about the blog a lot but always has fun stories to tell. So, Heather, here's to an updated Blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment