Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fun Weekend

We had such a fun weekend this weekend. I was a little down on Friday night and Saturday morning... wanting a night out, but Steve surprised me with a great night in on Saturday! We spent the day together running errands and taking a nap (as most Saturdays go) and then I made a yummy Chicken Parmesan dinner. After we put Page to sleep (who he must have bribed because she went RIGHT to sleep) we sat outside on the front porch for a little while and then came in and played Monopoly on the Wii. Steve knows I LOVE board games and he LOATHES them, but we were able to meet in the middle by playing board games on a video game console! WIN-WIN!!! We had such a great time, just playing and joking around. What a great evening.

Today, Page slept in so we all got up together and I made a big breakfast for us all. Page decided she wanted to go out. She didn't want to stay in the house for a relaxing Sunday like Steve and I had planned. So, we turned it into fun. It's still MUCH too hot to do anything outside, so we decided to take Page to the Baby Mall (i.e. Babies R Us) and registered for Logen! Let me rephrase that. I registered for Logen and Steve and Page played in the toy section and picked out some toys for Logen. We all had a blast, though! I went a little crazy with the register gun. If it had a monkey on it... I scanned it! He's going to be a little monkey boy!

It made the weekend complete. It's all really starting to come together with Logen. It seems like this pregnancy is going by so fast. We bought our tickets for our Thanksgiving trip home last week and we are SO excited! Steve's mom is throwing us a baby shower the Saturday before Thanksgiving so we decided to go ahead and register at Babies R Us and Target. I can't wait. Page is really excited for her little brother to arrive. She's so cute, kissing my belly and always asking to make sure he's OK. She's going to be a VERY good big sister!

So, there is only one way to end this weekend right! We are watching the Bears Preseason game tonight. I know they played last night, but it's not televised here until tonight. We've been pretty good about making sure not to watch anything about it, but we did hear Brian Urlacher got hurt. :( Other than that... tonight is BEARS football! And all is good with the world!!!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment