Tuesday, October 19, 2010

When the Husbands Are Away... the Wives and Kids Will Play

Steve left for a business trip yesterday morning to San Francisco, CA. He will be gone all week and Page and I will fly up on Thursday night to meet him for a little babymoon before Logen arrives. Thus, this left Page and me with a few nights on our own. I'm not a huge fan of being home alone, so I try to keep myself busy.

Derrick (Danielle's husband) referees football and basketball games in the evenings, so I told her to pick a night when he was going to be gone and we were going to meet up with the kids for dinner and some playtime. We met at McDonald's (the kids' favorite play place)!

It was probably 6ish before Page and I got there to meet them. Page and Ryder immediately ran to the play area while Danielle and I settled in and ate our food. The kids periodically came over to grab a bite to eat, but mostly played their little hearts out. The most excitement came from this bouncy window thing that they both called "the rocket".
Ryder looking out the "rocket" window after finishing tormenting Page by shaking the heck out of it. It is supposed to shake, apparently, but when Danielle first saw it shaking, she immediately thought it was going to fall. Apparently Page did, too, because she screamed EVERY time Ryder shook it. Ryder thought it was the funniest thing in the world... both the shaking and the screaming!!!

Page making funny faces through her "rocket" window! Notice she's not screaming. This is because Ryder had already taken off and was down the slide. When I told Page this, she darted after him. These two crack me up!Towards the end of the night, Ryder and Page were the only kids left in the play area and they decided the actual play area was no longer fun, so they decided to have "scooter races"' with the baby high chairs. The only problem was that once they both got in and ready to race... no one was there to push them. :) So, they decided to take turns pushing each other. They soon got bored with this (when we told them they weren't allowed to push the "scooters" out the emergency exit) and decided to play on the table benches. It's amazing what these two can find to play with and have fun with. They are so creative! Anything can be turned into a toy or game!

So, as the kids played, Danielle and I talked, ate, and enjoyed some ice cream in peace. We completely lost track of time and didn't end up leaving McDonald's until about 8pm. (Page's normal bedtime is between 7 and 7:30. But both of the kids were still in really good moods, so we didn't think much of it.

Page and I got home around 8:30, she took a bath, and then got ready for bed. She was finally sleeping a little after 9. I would have liked to curl up in bed at that time, too, but I still had stuff on my "To Do List" to get done. I finished cleaning up downstairs, running the dishwasher, running another load of laundry and decided to go ahead and start packing, too. I finally laid down around 10ish, but didn't fall asleep until after Steve called to say good night at 11. It was a late night for all of us, but at least we had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment