Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Babymoon 2010


Steve and I decided to once again, go on a babymoon before the baby arrives. This babymoon was MUCH different from the one we went on while pregnant with Page!
Needless to say, we didn't do one of the couple spa weekends that some people do as babymoons. Steve was already in San Francisco for work, so Page and I flew in LATE Thursday night to join him for a long weekend. Our flight was delayed by about an hour, and not knowing how security would be or how long it would take me to get all of our stuff through the airport, we got there plenty early. We stopped before going through security to get dinner. Page and I went to Chili's and had a good time. She loved looking out the windows at the cars down below.
Page was SO well behaved at the airport, even though we were there for so long.
She was even on her best behavior on the airplane, especially with it being 2 hours after bedtime before we even left.
When we landed, she was very talkative with the other people on the plane and kept asking, "Where's Daddy?"
We got to the airport, where Steve met us, and then drove back to his hotel. It was after midnight by the time we got there, got settled, and into bed. Needless to say, we all slept VERY well.

Friday morning, Steve had to finish up some meetings, so Page and I mostly hung out in the room. She decided coloring in the bathtub would be fun. She's so funny. When Steve was done with his meetings, we checked out of his hotel (his work was paying for the most expensive tiny room) and into our (MUCH CHEAPER - LARGER) suite down the road a little bit. We ate lunch and then all settled in for a nap. Page was VERY tired from the night before and fought nap, but eventually fell asleep. When she woke up, we ventured out to Chinatown. Steve's mom told us about loving Chinatown when she was there many years ago, so we decided to check it out. We're glad we did. It was very cool and interesting and I bought WAY too many souvenirs, but they were worth it. They were all SO adorable. Here are some pictures of us in Chinatown and Page's new outfit. I also got a beautiful silk robe, but I don't think it will fit me until after Logen arrives.
Saturday morning, we woke up and headed up to Golden Gate Park. We assumed this was near the Golden Gate Bridge, but we were wrong. Hahaha... Anyway, they had a large kid's park which Page loved, especially the carousel. She also got to play in the sand (which was good since the beach didn't really work out), on the swings, and the slides! We also ventured into the Museum to look around, but Page was pretty grumpy and there wasn't much to look at except the Van Gogh exhibit, that we didn't think Page would appreciate or behave through. We got a few photos out of it, though!
On our way back to the hotel for naps, we passed a street... Page Street. Of course we had to get a picture!
After the park, we went back to the hotel and all took a nap. When we woke up, we decided to head over to Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39. There were all kinds of things to do there, but most exciting, was the Sea Lions! Page loved looking at the Sea Lions and listening to them bark. After we finished checking them out, we went to walk around the pier a bit and saw a giant Sponge Bob Square Pants, which apparently, we needed a picture in front of. :) We ate dinner at a Pizzeria and then went back to check out the Sea Lions again. It was VERY dark at this point and none of the pictures came out. We did actually get to see Alcatraz from the pier, too, but again, it was much too dark for any of the pictures to turn out. So, we finished up by doing some major souvenir shopping and then headed back to the hotel for the night. On Sunday, we woke up and headed out for another fun day. It had been raining the entire time we were there, but today it was RAINING! I was worried since everything we had planned was outdoors, but Page LOVED it and we all had a great time. We started out by driving over the Golden Gate Bridge (something I was looking forward to the whole time). It was amazing. We stopped at a view point to get some pictures. It was raining lightly, but was VERY windy!!! Notice in the pictures, my hair is crazy! We were able to get some people to take our family picture. The first one is better because my hair isn't in my face (as much), but they failed to get the bridge in the picture. Oh well.
After the Golden Gate Bridge stop, we continued on our way to Muir Woods - one of the many national parks in Northern CA that has the famous Redwood trees. It was raining and dark, so there aren't many pictures. I do have a very dark one of Steve and Page standing inside a tree, though... that was pretty cool. Here are a few of them in the woods and around the gift shop. Page LOVED running and playing in the rain. We then finished the trip off with a trip to Muir Beach. We decided we were right there, so we had to stop, but it was FREEZING and windy. Steve and Page spent literally 3 minutes building a sand castle to say they were able to do it. Thankfully Page was able to play in the sand at the park the day before!
Page had a hard time napping in the hotel room, but on the last day there, she finally decided she no longer wanted to sleep in the crib (she sleeps in a big girl bed at home, so I'm not completely surprised) and wanted to nap on the couch. She fell right to sleep. She woke up by falling off the couch. Hahaha... That night, though, we pulled the couch out (it was a sleeper) and she slept on the couch quite comfortably. She loved jumping and playing on the couch. She didn't want to leave it!

After Page's nap on the couch, we decided to head to the mall that was right by our hotel (we had been frequenting the Target - in the mall - on a pretty daily basis) to play in the play area and get some ice cream. It was raining pretty hard and we had gotten pretty wet earlier in the day, so we decided to do low key and dry. Here are a few pics of Page on the car rides. The play area was SO crowded that Page couldn't even play on the toys.
We ended up taking a break from the car rides for some ice cream. I'm not sure why I look like I'm sneak eating the ice cream... maybe because normally Steve frowns highly on my eating ice cream (lactose intolerant). Oh well. It was delicious and well worth it.
Page riding in the Richard Scarry apple car. This is her happy face and her "Mommy, get out of the way!" face. We kept pretending she was running me over with the cars! Hahaha
We went back to the hotel room and ordered pizza and then settled in for the night. Once Page was asleep, I finished packing up and got ready to head back home the following morning.
Page is enjoying the train ride, taking us from the rental car place to the airport. She loves trains!
We had a GREAT time but we're glad to be home and back into our routine! We are now planning for our Miss Tricia's Daycare Spooktacular Halloween Party tomorrow. It should be fun. I'll be sure to have plenty of pictures to share of that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment